Thank you very much to everyone who donated to our fundraiser in support of the Ukrainian refugees. We raised a fantastic £500!
A phenomenal amount for such a small school, thank you for your generosity.
All the money raised will be given to the Red Cross who are part of the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC). Our donation will be used to reach people in urgent need, including:
• Providing food, first aid, clean water, shelter support, warm clothing, hygiene parcels and medicines
• Supporting hospitals and healthcare facilities
• Supporting fire fighters and civil protection units
• Training people up in life-saving first aid
• Helping families stay in contact with each other
• Repairing vital infrastructure
• Helping to repair homes, healthcare centres, schools and community centres
2 Corinthians 9:6-8
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
Our new school building
The building of our new school has begun. Two members of our School Council were able to join Mrs Marchesi and Mr Twell (Chair of Governors) at the 'ground breaking' ceremony on 10.03.22. Our new building is located on the new St Edeyrns housing development and will finished early 2023.
Wrap Around Care for September Nursery
After a very positive meeting with Plantos Nursery, we are pleased to say that Plantos have said that they will be able to offer wrap around care for St Mellons CIW Nursery pupils from September 2022. We look forward to working with them and you.